Saturday, May 8, 2010

Taylor Swift Helps Nashville Flood Victims


Taylor donated $500,000 during a call into a star-studded telethon Thursday on local station WSMV. The telethon, hosted by Vince Gill, raised over $1.7 million. The clean-up effort is expected to cost more than $1 billion.
It was the craziest thing that I’ve ever seen,” Taylor said on the telethon. "I was at my house in Hendersonville, we were staring out the window, thinking it didn't seem like rain. It just seemed like something in a movie. It was really emotional for me because those are the streets I learned to drive on. People's houses are just ruined. It was so heartbreaking to see that in my town, the place that I call home, and the place that I feel most safe. I just send my love to my friends and neighbors who got hit harder than I did."

No comments:

Post a Comment